Saturday, June 2, 2012

A little girls day

Don't get me wrong... I love my 3 year old BUT... This mama needed a break. Anyone that has had a three year old knows that the endless days of a busy boy can be a little exhausting. He has become such a little man with a million questions and 99% of the time I can not get enough of my little boy and his sweet little voice... but when Grandma stopped by on Friday afternoon I was having a moment in the other 1% of the time and right before she walked in I said "hey buddy when grandma gets in here ask her if you can stay at her house tonight" and right on que as Grandma Ruth strolled in, he yelled "Grandma! Can I stay at your house tonight?!?" He was so excited I am pretty sure she didn't have even a glimmer of a hope to say no :) Plan executed perfectly. It is nice to not feel guilty about a tiny break because I know Bennett was going to be spoiled having a blast with Grandma and Grandpa.... and it also gave Annie and I a chance to take the Daddy out for a birthday dinner with his girls (something that is nearly impossible with any 3 year old.)
So after they left my girl and I took a long nap and then headed out for errands... Man, with only one kid, especially one that cant run from me, it felt a little like vacation. We went straight to get Mama a manicure... it was heavenly. My little lady sat proudly smiling ear to ear in my lap. When we got home I realized Annie's toes looked so bare... we fixed that up :)
It was a great day relaxing, snuggling and enjoying our little lady, we went out to the Oyster House with just the three of us... but when I woke up this morning I was happy that my little man was coming home because I sure missed him :)
oh and one more special moment with my girl... Her first giggle!! It melted my heart, I found this adorable outfit this morning and thought it was sooo appropriate! i love you sweet girl and cant wait to hear your giggles for the rest of my life!

No comments: