Sunday, June 17, 2012

Celebrating Dad's Day

This year has been so busy that when I asked Joel how he wanted to spend Fathers Day and he said "lets just stay home and play outside" I thought that was a great idea... and so did our son. Bennett has been very excited about this weekend because this weekend our Aunt Chris brought her tractor for us to borrow to clean out some of the cleared area on our property. I don't think I have ever seen this kid so excited. On Friday night I asked Bennett "Do you want to eat candy and cupcakes all day tomorrow or drive the tractor?" and without hesitation he yelled "drive the tractor!" Thank you Chris... you will forever be a super hero to him for dropping this off.
They started in Saturday morning and Bennett was hilarious, actually he was pretty awesome. I am fairly certain I failed a three point turn on my driving test at 16 years old, but not this kid, he was sitting on dads lap, fulling handling the scoop lifting and all steering... Of course he couldn't reach the pedals yet but other than that he was operating it on his own. I was shocked! I think it is safe to say Bennett has found his passion and it is adorable to watch how much he truly loves this tractor stuff!
Today was a great repeat of yesterday, Our little family just hanging out around the house. It definitely wasn't the most glamorous fathers day and I don't think we got the guy anything other than a card but we all loved it.
Happy Fathers Day Joel... You are an amazing Dad, we love you sooo much!
 The boys, getting work done
Lifting the scoop thing...
 Seriously, this kid could steer and he put his whole little body into it... amazing.

No comments: