Monday, June 25, 2012

What a Trade!!!

Oh boy do I have the happiest boy on the planet tonight!!!
The last couple weeks we have borrowed our Aunt Chris and Uncle Larry's tractor (Actually Chris is my Dad's mom's cousin's daughter... I think... ) to do some work around our property and our son has lived and breathed that thing... He would actually climb in bed with me every morning, scramble up onto our headboard and peak out the window above our bed just to double check the tractor was still there every morning. I was joking with Chris on how dissappointed he was going to be when he got up there in the morning and it wasnt there anymore.
So in anticipation of him loosing this tractor I went and bought him a small tractor toy at Target and had it ready and if he was a good sport I would give it to him as a trade for saying good bye to the big tractor. Boy was I upstaged :)
When Chris and Larry pulled in tonight to pick up the tractor I knew they were up to something. Bennett came out and they had this awesome john deere tractor toy for him all ready in the back of their truck. He was sooo excited. All he kept on saying was "WOW!" and "thank you chris!" and "this tractors stays with me!" I just wish I had taken a video of his excitement upon seeing it for the first time... hilarious! I think it is safe to say this kid has found his passion... and if he is driving a tractor around his farm 20 years from now we will all know he is doing what he loves to do and is truly happy. It honestly warms my heart to see him so excited about something and I know it is going to be attached to him all summer!
Thank you Chris and Larry... he LOVES it... and it is pushing 9pm and he is still in the driveway playing on that tractor.

No comments: