Monday, May 28, 2012

Another Memorial Weekend at Washaway Beach

4 years ago this weekend we spent Memorial Day at Wash-Away Beach in Tokeland, Wa and came home to find out Monday that we were pregnant with our little man. It was 5 year ago that we took our little puppy, Hurlie, that we had gotten the day before out to her first trip to the beach. And it was just a short 7 1/2 years ago that I took this cute new guy I was dating (Joel) out to meet my parents for a weekend of camping.
We have spent a weekend here and there at this property for years and it is always a fun, family boring weekend out of town. Sadly the beach is slowly encroaching on the property and our trips out there are numbered. This is the first trip that we weren't even able to get beach access... But even without beach access it was a fabulous weekend with great food, family and lots of relaxing in our new RV. Lily stayed in the top bunk a couple of nights in with Bennett and I think I heard him whisper "hey lily" about a million times.
(Thank you again Teri for most of the pics)
Bennett was dancing and I couldn't help myself from encouraging it a bit more... too cute!
 Helping Grandma with dinner
 Checking out the water from the end of the road... it used to be about 4 more blocks away
 A little self portrait of Mama and Annie girl
 Relaxing with the family... loving the new RV

No comments: