Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mama's Day

What a beautiful weekend! Grandma & Grandpa Jones and the sisters and all the kiddos had a weekend away planned camping but at the last minute we decided to just camp out at Grandma and Grandpas house... I was a little nervous because with all 6 kids under one roof it can get a little crazy... but it turned out being a perfectly crazy weekend, enjoying the kids, my sisters and just some good ol' fashion family time in the sun!
We have decided that this is going to be the summer of the naked babes. "Phase One" (we lovingly call Bennett Reece and Evelyn this because my sisters and I all had our first babies within 10 months of each other... then our second within 14 months) Anyway "phase one" are all officially on potty training mode and as soon as one looses their pants outside, they all join in and with the pool out there were no underpants in sight!
Not only was in Mom's Day but we also celebrated Uncle Kippy's Birthday! and I was delighted because this meant Grandma would make a cake! Yum!
Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there... but selfishly I have spent most of the weekend and day today just in awe of how lucky of a mama I am. I get to celebrate Mom's day with my mom and sisters and my kids, who even with the craziness that 3 year olds and newborns bring... I feel so blessed to have them! I love you Bennett and Anna, You make my life so happy!
 Getting the mail with Grandpa
Yep that is Bennett in the lead on a rooster, Evelyn a close second on a duck and Reece pulling up the rear on a chicken
Why is it that little girls love babies... So sweet to see Evelyn with her new little cousin in matching PJ's that Grandma got them
Bennett was not to be outdone by Evie... he wanted to hold his sister and get his picture taken too
Check out this bikini babe
I am pretty sure her eyes couldnt be any darker... and sweeter :)
Checking out Grandma's Garden... oh lord when will potty training be over?!
Grandma and Phase One watching Grandpa set up the swing set area...
 Uncle Marty's tractor is the best baby sitter ever... he would stand there and watch all day if he could
Bennett "helping" Uncle Kippy with those candles :)
All this play makes for one sleepy Grandma... Annie and Grandma catching some mid day rest.
These two kiddos needed a bath after the long crazy weekend outside playing... This little chunk-a-munk is now weighing in at 12 lbs even! she loved her bath time at home after a run in the jogger with mom enjoying this mornings beautiful sunshine... a great way to share the day with the little people that make me a mama.

No comments: