Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Out for a family jog

The Olsens have been attempting to use up every bit of sunshine out there which in Olympia is usually pretty hard to come by. Running (or more of a slow jog) has been something I have loved for a while. But it wasn't until I had children that I really understood how relaxing it is... It has become an activity with the kids where they are either sitting in the stroller or home with Daddy :) and I love it... a few minutes a day I don't have to be barfed on or talk to Bennett about his poop. Not that I don't enjoy those things the other 23 hours a day... but sometimes you don't realize how much you need it until you get out there.
With the great weather Joel jumped in on the fun and we headed out to Capital Lake. This is one of my favorite places in the nice weather and there were a ton of people out and it was soooo fun to jog as a family. I know we are going to do it many more times this summer!
Bennett was pretty stoked about the running and after we had gone about 4 miles we stopped and Bennett and I jogged about 100 yards and Bennett was running like he heard the rocky song in his head, it was hilarious and anybody that passed us started out loud laughing. Too cute!!
Here is our little lady out on the patio watching mama plant some flowers this afternoon... this family is loving the sunshine!!!

No comments: