Saturday, October 20, 2012

Two Birthday Girls!

To a four year old there is really nothing more exciting than a friend having a birthday... What is there really not to like?! Good food, tons of friends running around like crazy, presents and endless sugar treats. When I told Bennett last week that we were going to go to Rey's and Evelyn's Birthday parties all in the same day he was super excited.
One special bonus was that Rey's party was a costume party and he would be able to finally wear his Spider man costume for the whole day!!! He was so excited. He would run me into dad's closet at least 5 times a day and say "look mom, that is my Spider man costume and I get to wear it on Saturday" (even though I am pretty sure he doesn't understand days of the week yet, he just knew "Saturday" was The Day!)
I asked Jania if I could make the cupcakes again and found these great cupcakes on Pintrest (lord knows what we did before Pintrest :) and we packed up the kids in their costumes! What a fun day Rey!
Little Rey Rey is the sweetest! I love her so much for how much of a smart of smushy little one year old that she is but I also love her because I can't wait to watch her grow up and be friends with my kiddos especially Annie who is just a couple months younger. I love those Miltenberger girls!
After visiting with Rey we headed south and the kids got a very needed nap in the car. We arrived and Bennett had a renewed excitement for everything that comes with a birthday party! I can not believe our little Evie is already 3!! She is so fun and full of energy! Bennett loves how she plays make believe and it was so sweet watching them play quietly in the evening... that is until we realized they were emptying grandmas purse very secretively hehe.
I love watching all these kids grow up and I know someday we are going to laugh about those crazy days when our kids were young and it seemed like the only times we got to hang out with family and friends at gatherings were for little kids parties!
 Cute candy corn cupcakes... forsure a new Halloween Favorite!
 Best friends already!
 Mama and Grandma Holly
 Rey was getting a bit of help...
 Evie!!!
 One tired kiddo! but happy to be with her daddy!

No comments: