Monday, October 29, 2012

First Ever Parent Teacher Conference!

This last week we had Bennett's very first Parent Conference and I must say I was kinda anxious to hear how he was doing. I wasn't nervous that he was being a disaster at school, I have just never left him at something like this and without a  ton of input on how his days are it is hard to really tell how he is doing. I just want him to be the sweet little guy that he is and to be making friends.
We had to reschedule the conference and Bennett's amazing teacher Miss Betsy came to meet us on her day off. She sat down and with a big smile (this is when I braced myself for the worst...) she began in to telling me how amazing Bennett is. Dont get me wrong we were not shocked but it was such a huge rush of joy for this proud mama. She said he was making friends, listening and talking a ton with all the other kids. She said he is sweet and makes everyone laugh. I really appreciate how wonderful Miss Betsy is, She loves all the kids and how Bennett can have a bit of excess rowdy but smiley energy and even laughs a little about preschool fight club, she is realistic and you can tell she geneuinely loves what she does.
One last fun Halloween day before the actual trick or treating (if you are keeping track this is about the billionth time Bennett has worn this Spiderman Costume) We wore the costume to his school costume parade. The Parents were invited in at the end of the school day and the kids were clearly extatic to show off their special costumes... I had to giggle a little about my spiderman crawling around the center of circle time pretending to jumping and shoot webs, not showing off his best listening skills but it was kinda cute so we let it slide!
 Annie J making some friends too with another younger sib.
Here's a few pictures from his first field trip last week... to the Farmers Market! So fun to see him making his own little buddies. Loved watching the kids and getting some time to spend with the other moms.

No comments: