Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Needing a little reminder...

 
Today I woke up needing just a tiny reminder of how sweet and precious my little man is. You know after a long night of a new born crying how it takes about two seconds the next morning to remember how wonderful motherhood is... well I am learning that when they are almost 4 years old it takes a few minutes longer to cherish being a mom at times. Yesterday was a rough one... I have built up preschool and have been so excited about it that I knew my little man was bound to have a little stumble along the way. I just wish his first stumble hadn't been in the form of nearly giving a kid a black eye in front of 15 other parents while we were all picking up our precious children from preschool.
I know kids are learning their boundaries at this point and it takes a few whacks along the way to really understand that we need to keep out hands to ourselves but that didn't soften the blow for this mom's ego... wow I was mortified. We spent the rest of the day talking about how we should react if we get angry and how no matter what hitting isn't allowed.
So this morning after a well needed 12 hour break I took that extra few minutes to remember my sweet little boy and how much fun we can have just the two of us at home. Around 10 am I put his little sister down for a nap and we made some cookies. He was excited, a great listener and actually helped make cookies. It was fun and by the end I was once again in awe of how special being a mom to an almost 4 year old can be. They are learning so fast, making mistakes and recovering even faster.
I know there will be many many more days like this where I feel like I have failed and then he totally redeems himself... but as in many other relationships sometimes making up is the best part!

No comments: