Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bye Bye Diapers!!

Ok I realize it is really early to be declaring victory but we are celebrating small wins around here. We have made a point to put off potty training until well after Annie was here and settled. I was honestly looking forward to tackling this project during July... but this last week he told me he wanted to wear underwear and I went with it.
I decided on a whim and Bennett and I said good bye to his diapers. I tried to make a big deal about it and he was excited. And the big selling point... he could pee outside!!! So I spent the rest of the day taking trips outside and to the toilet and Bennett was loving the extra attention. I quickly made a "potty jar" of small treats for him to celebrate a potty win and that seemed to fuel his excitement.
I realize I tend to be an over sharer and with that in mind I must capture a few of my favorite moments that surprised me and made me die laughing... Firstly, my son has an inability to keep his fingers out of the back of his cute little underwear.... I have been chasing him with hand washing soap all week!
Secondly, he quickly discovered the escape hatch in the front of his underwear and uses it just to show me how awesome it is... and My most laughable moment of the week was when I was on the phone and heard him step out back... I gave him a quick second and thought, hhhmm I should go check... so out I step to see my boy with a proud look and a bit of numero dos on the back porch. He quickly picked it up and threw it in the grass. He turned to me and yelled "mom that is NOT Hurlie's poop, that is MY big Poop!"
I know that is all a bit too much information but it is moments like these that I will want to tell him about 30 years from now when he is potty training his own little boy and lets be honest they just make everyone laugh a bit ;)

No comments: