Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Proud Mama at the Tooth Doctor

I know there has been many opportunities for me to be proud of our little man Bennett, but it is always the small moments that get to me. Today I took Bennett to his annual dentist check up. We started taking Bennett at 12 months because kiddos born with the same complications that Bennett had can also have orthodontics issues and possibly need jaw surgery as teenagers so we wanted to keep a close eye.
We love our dentist and today I must admit I was super nervous... He got upgraded from the "quiet sound, crying proof room" to the chairs by all the other kids. This dentist is a pediatric dentist and somehow they knew how to work magic today.  Before I knew it they had Bennett brushing flossing and using the water pick. Even the dentist was gentle and awesome. Bennett was delighted with the result of the appointment as he ran to the prize counter but little did he know the dentist gave us the final convincing words to get rid of his binky... wish us luck this week!
I was so proud of him, I nearly tear up as we were leaving and Bennett was thanking the receptionist. This small apt that sounds easy to most would usually be a disaster with our kid that has been to way too many doctors and hates people looking in his mouth. I was so excited with how brave and trusting he was! He is growing into such a big boy.
Here is a blurry iphone picture of our little man being brave.

No comments: