Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Brown Blanket

With all the beautiful blankets that were made for Bennett lord knows why he loves his blue blanket. It is a Carters blanket he got as a newborn gift and as nice as it is, it quickly became ratty, stinky and stained because he loved it oh so much.
Sadly as Bennett has grown into a 3 foot little man he is, unfortunately his blanket did not grow with him and I see Bennett curled up on the monitor nearly every night in a ball under this tiny blue blanket.
So this last week I set out to try to make a blanket he would love nearly as much as this old blue blanket.
He "helped" me make it, and was so excited as I finished it and he even told his teacher at school that his mommy made a blanket with cars airplanes and tractors on it... so sweet.
Sadly this has just been an addition to the bed and the stinky blue blanket is still present for we hopefully we will soon be saying farewell to the binky so at least that is bed time progress.
It was fun to work on this project after working on so much for Annie's room over the last couple months... I know it made my little guy feel special.
Helping me put in the pins...
Using his "cutter" we also use this cutter to cut avacados but dont tell him that :)
Baby girl doing her part to help...
All Done...

No comments: