Sunday, March 11, 2012

No Olsen Girls Allowed!

Well it finally happened, this mama let her baby boy go for a boys weekend away without her. I must say I was dragging my feet a bit. Grandpa Olsen and Joel had been dying to get a whole weekend with Bennett at the cabin in Cle Elm and we had gotten to about 9 pm before I beckoned them home... but when I was pregnant I finally told Grandpa and Daddy that after our little girl gets here they could have a weekend with Bennett.... and boy did this boy know the weekend was all about him!!
It started a week ago when we told him about it and he woke up every morning convinced it was his day, he would say "today I go to the cabin with my daddy?!" and when Friday afternoon rolled around and I finally said yes this little boy was beside himself.
From what I hear, his enthusiasm didn't slow the entire weekend... he was sooo excited about grandpa's tractor, the snow quads, his cousin Alanzo and friends Matt, Brooke and Luke!
When he came running in the door on Sunday afternoon he said "I miss you mom" and immediately went into a story about a tractor, smores and lots of "my daddy's"... it makes me sad to not see him at the cabin so excited but I know it wouldn't be half as cool if mom was there to spoil the fun... my little boy is growing up!
And a little girl time with Daddy when he got home... zonked out daddy and babe!

No comments: