Friday, January 27, 2012

Surprise Admission to L&D and a New Jog stroller!

At 36 weeks yesterday we had a big day planned. We had scheduled one of Bennett's Children's Hospital check ups at 8 am. It went great and Bennett told us as we pulled in the parking lot "mom I play with tractors here" and ran in the door in his footy pajamas and showed us the play room with lots of toys where the kids and siblings can play waiting to see the Dr's.
After leaving there we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Olsen's to drop Bennett off where he played outside for hours and was one pooped boy after a day of working stacking some wood with Grandpa and his Diego gloves :)
We went in for our 36 week Dr apt. I have actually been counting down to this day for months. This is when my Dr was to remove the cervical stitch and do our final ultrasound to see about how big our little lady is. The growth scan went great. She was practicing breathing and was measuring 37 weeks and weighed in at around 6 lbs, 7 oz! I was shocked to hear that!
Then the Dr removed the cervical stitch and I was actually 1 cm dilated. Since I had the stitch with Bennett up until birth I have never been dilated so that was kind of exciting to hear! The procedure didn't hurt and I felt great! I left feeling wonderful and we were headed to check out a double stroller we found on Craigslist and I was stoked! I started feeling a bit strange upon leaving the hospital but ignored the slight bleeding. It didn't take long for me to realize the bleeding wasn't stopping and there might be some concern. I called my Dr's cell as I started to black out on the freeway. We quickly turned around and headed back to the hospital. They admitted me right away, stopped the bleeding and gave me 3 liters of fluid.
I ended up loosing quite a bit of blood, and it was a bit scary. I thought for sure we were going to meet our little girl yesterday, but after 4 hours of recovering I was feeling a ton better. My contractions stopped and after many tests and watching baby girl they let me go home. This is definitely not expected from the small procedure but they don't think it will be anything to worry about going forward, just a blood vessel acting up that was quickly fixed by the Dr.... Just lots of rest is the ticket, Our baby was showing off and being perfect on all the monitors, This little lady is going to be a busy girl!
So after all the craziness my husband, being the sweet man that he is and wanting to see this mama smile, called the couple from Craiglist and met them near the hospital to pick up my jog stroller. Joel rolled it into our living room so that I could check it out today and I am sooo excited about this! Thank you Auntie Pam for finding this gem on Craigslist!!! I cant wait to be pushing our little team around in it before we know it!

No comments: