Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Wonderland!

There is nothing that can stress a prego mama with a history of preterm labor out as much as 18' of snow! My anxiety level has been through the roof but when I woke up this morning to a foot and a half of the white stuff covering the entire area and saw the amazement on my toddlers face I kinda got over it and enjoyed the day watching it build up outside! Bennett was super excited and I had a hard time stopping him as he ran out in a T-shirt and boots first thing this morning. He ran out the back door and off the deck and actually disappeared under the snow. This obviously surprised him and brought tears and cries of "snow is scary!!"
He forgave the snow this afternoon when Dad got home and took him out on the quad. I tried getting some pictures but even walking through snow up to your knees is hard to do in my condition.
Here's the official measurement on our front walkway... way deeper around the yard in places... just crazy!
Bennett and I spent the morning in baking cookies. I have completely lost my love of cooking during this pregnancy but I have made up for it in my new found love for baking. I found this recipe for peanut butter oatmeal cookies and honestly they are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever tasted.... oh and Bennett agreed :)
Bennett told me that when he puts the whisk into the flour and then "blow it like bubbles" it looks like "FIRE!" hopefully we aren't looking forward to a career in the circus as a fire blower... Sometimes I question why I let him do these things and take a bunch of pictures before telling him we have to clean up... oh well, nothing a little vacuuming cant fix right?!

No comments: