Monday, January 2, 2012

Mama's Handy Work

I am attempting to use up these last few weeks being a mother-of-one by getting a lot of stuff done around the house... I guess most people refer to this as nesting but I have yet to actually fold baby clothes or organize anything I will actually need to bring her home. I have been concentrating on the cute pink stuff I have accumulated over the past few months and finishing up the sewing that I know I will not have the time to do after our little lady arrives.
When I was packing up our Christmas stuff... let it be noted that I was forced to pack up Christmas promptly on the 26th after our fully decorated and lit, 10 foot Christmas tree came toppling down during nap time... anyway, I was taking down our Christmas wreath and couldn't bring myself to put away our wreath holder that we got after we got married that says "The Olsen's" and I got a crafty idea. I knew that if I looked it up on Pintrest I would find some cute ideas and this is what I came up with. I wrapped the yarn, cut the felt flowers and pinned them down with floral pins and wallah... I think it turned out so cute and girlie for the season of our new little one coming soon.
I have also gotten a lot of our sewing done and have almost completed the nursery bedding...
Before bath I decided to clean up another little something in our house and gave our little man a well needed hair cut. It isn't nearly as good as when Aunt Katie does it but I think he looks handsome anyway.
What a good looking big brother!

No comments: