Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2nd Annual Sewing Weekend

Last year we decided to celebrate Grandma Jean's Birthday by getting together with all the ladies of the family, all of our kids and all of our craft projects we were working on for a weekend of fun in the basement of my parents house... It was a total success last year (1st annual sewing weekend) and to no one's surprise was a perfect weekend this year again!
I realize to most people 8 kids 4 years old and under, 7 sewing machines and 9 mommies sounds like 72 hours of craziness... but honestly it couldn't have been more fun. We had some great family, great wine (for those lucky unpregos), great food and nearly perfect kiddos. There were a few more than many sharing fights with the toddlers but that is to be expected... I am pretty sure I heard "that's mine!" or "It's Bennett's turn!" about a million times :)
Its hard not to think about how lucky we are that we all have these kiddos to bring our family together for weekends like this. We have an amazing family that loves these traditions... all these kiddos will have memories of running around grandmas house in matching PJ's for 3 nights of slumber parties with their many many cousins... I am one lucky mama! Happy Birthday Grandma Jean, You would love seeing all your great grand babies! We miss you!
And a huge thank you to Pam, Emily and Teri who took pictures this weekend!!!
From Left to Right, Bennett 35 months, Cash 11 months, Paige 22 months, Chloe 11 months, Jack 1.5 months, Lilly 4 years, Reece 27 months, Evie 25 months... We are missing Violet 17 months, Rose 4 months and our little lady -4 months :)
A small glimpse of the craziness!
The kids being busy...
These two were a crack up... loved holding hands this weekend!
Two of the ladies... Evelyn and Lily
Aunt Pam and her granddaughter Lily, future sewer :)
Working on the stitching... and yes, my kid still has a Binky (don't judge... he loves it and it is usually our little secret :)
Bennett was so patient (well kinda) of mommies crazy crafting
And believe it or not... we actually got some sewing done!
On Saturday I just couldn't help myself and jumped into a Christmas stocking project that Pam and Emily had been working on... Here are the beginnings of 4 of ours... I will post the finished projects later... so fun!
 A wall hang for our little girl's room... Thank you Auntie Pam for helping me with this! I cant wait to put it by the one you did for Bennett!
 I used the fabric from her bed skirt and curtains to mat these Wee Gallery pictures, there will be three total but I broke one of the frames :)
Baby Girls bed skirt
So proud of Teri who completed her first Sewing project (but mostly proud of my Auntie Pam and Mom who spent hours figuring out the darn pattern)

No comments: