Monday, November 8, 2010

1st Annual Cousin Sewing Weekend... the Holiday season has begun!

Picture this: 5 babies under 23 months, 7 Mamas, 5 sewing machines, matching pajamas for the mamas and babies, many fabulous meals, numerous repeat trips to the fabric store and countless bottles of wine.
This all put together was a great weekend spent in Chehalis with my sisters, mom, Aunt Pam and Cousins Emily and Sam and all their babies. When planning the weekend it sounded a bit disaster filled, I pictured little boys running sewing machines, chasing them up and down the stairs, no sewing and lots of cranky tired babies.... But, it truly couldn't have worked out better. Everyone did at least one sewing project, the babies were absolutely delightful playing together and napping (which I thought would be impossible) and it was great family time that we will always look forward to every year!
(There were many cameras there so I took the weekend off, what a treat to be able to get pictures of me and the kiddos :)
I decided on Friday morning to make a "Serendipity Santa" This was actually how this whole weekend came about, When growing up both our family and my cousin's family had these cloth bags that looked like Santa that our moms filled with 24 cute bags of goodies for every Christmas season. I remember being so excited to see what our treat for the day was as one of us girls reached into the festive little bag every day of December. It was a must for Bennett this year. I knew that if I didn't try to sew it when I had a ton of help from my sewing expert Aunt Pam I would probably never be able to do it. It turned out so cute!!! I cant wait to fill it with treats this year for Bennett, it is definitely memories in the making!
I also decided to sew a bed skirt and curtain for a future babies room. We are not expecting but we have started the process for Foster Care and Adoption (more to come about that later) hopefully it will be in our near future and I decided "if you build it, they will come..." Right?! Turned out super cute!

No comments: