Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holidays here we come...

So I definately realize that my family goes a little overboard on fun holiday traditions. Some examples could be matching ugly holiday pajama pants and numerous slumber parties at my parents house revolved around baking and playing board games while eating Grandpa's popcorn. The kids get to play for hours on end and I know they will grow up and look back at all these crazy family times and have memories so unique to our family. I think about the summer we have had with all the kiddos and can not believe how many fun things we have planned coming up... I cant wait and I feel sooo lucky to be a mom to a little 2 year old, celebrating his new found talking skills and enjoying it all with great family.
So in true Jones family fashion we spent the weekend sewing and making holiday jam. Another one of our family traditions growing up was the wall hang advent calendar my mom made when we were kids. It is a cute appliqued picture of a tree that you hang a new ornament on each day of December. Since I don't know how to applique I thought this would be a great project for mom to give me a lesson. It has been sooo fun and I must say, I have a bit of a knack for it :)
This is the one my mom made 30 years ago and the beginning of mine...
Bennett enjoying some of the Popcorn and his new Tractor book...
Joel, Grandpa Jones, Uncle Marty and "Uncle" Bill did some manly handy work around our house this weekend trying to take care of some trees that we had gotten worried about falling (especially after one didnt make it through the wind storm this week). Thanks guys for the hard work... we feel safer having this big tree down and it sounds like you had fun doing it.
So Joel and the rest of the guys think it is a must that I post a video of a large tree they winched down on our property. So for those that care here is a video of them working in our yard...

No comments: