Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Year's First Snow

When I woke up before the rest of the house to see a bright white lawn out the window I think I was more excited than my 3 year old and the dog... I waited impatiently until I heard Bennett stirring and then I ran into our little guy's room and announced "it snowed!" He was pretty excited but told me "breakfast first" So after some french toast the boys got all bundled up and went out into the great white.
Of course Bennett just wanted ride his quad which quickly became a snow plow but they still had some snow left to build this snow man.
Now this mama on the other hand has been inside, infront of the fire, watching TV and sewing my new set of Christmas stockings. I am super excited about all the crafty Christmas stuff I am working on. I am pretty sure it is my form of nesting because lord knows I have not been cleaning the house and I desperately need to stop baking! I just finished sewing the names on the tops of the stockings and I had to stop and smile. My stocking that has previously said "Julie" now says "Mom". I know I have been a mom for 3 years now and maybe it is just the pregnancy hormones but I love that I have a new title for my stocking...

No comments: