Thursday, September 1, 2011

Post Op Update

Sometimes I just amaze myself with how much this mama can worry. The last few days I have felt a little under the weather in the cramp department and I waited until the middle of the night last night on the eve of my scheduled check up with Dr Wall to go into full blown panic. I am talking about waking my husband up at 4 am, along with our toddler that was for some reason in our bed, and convincing him that I was in labor. Looking back I can see now this was a bit more drama than actual discomfort but there was no convincing me otherwise.
So my husband, being the saint that he is, talks me off the ledge and says he will drive me up north. I was actually fairly calm by the time the ultrasound tech clicked on the machine to see everything looking wonderful. My Dr. was very happy with the results from the surgery and just said the cramping could be a result from the surgery and I may need to take it easy for a couple more weeks. I laughed and said "oh lord they should prescribe Xanax for prego moms like me" and he said "I only prescribe it with a shot of whiskey" and I said "what really?!" and he said "Nope sorry" agh... too bad :)
We had a quick laugh at how crazy all this drama can make us and how worrying is just part of the gig at this point. He had a long look at our little one and I could not have felt better as I left with pictures of our new little one in hand!
We looked at fingers, feet and all the fun stuff that makes it almost real that we are having another baby in 6 short months! I know that this little person sprouting up in there is going to be worth every worry in the world... just like its big brother is!
(sorry these pictures are cell phone pics of print outs... terrible I know but still really cute!)

No comments: