Wednesday, September 28, 2011

19 weeks and counting...

Today I went up to see Dr Wall and have our 19 week check on our Baby Girl. It was quick and easy to have a good look at baby and make sure my cervix are still doing well after the surgery 5 weeks ago. Right before I left one of the Ultrasound techs asked if I had a few extra minutes. Apparently they got a brand new machine and they were looking for someone that would be willing to sit around for 30 minutes or so and let them look around with the fancy new gadgets. I obviously jumped on the opportunity to gaze at our little one a little longer. I entered a room full of about 8 perinatologists and sonographers all huddled around the machine from literally all over the world. I heard a couple different accents and talked to one for a while that had flown in from Holland. So away they went for about a half hour telling me how perfect our little girl was in there. We looked at parts of her brain, heart, spine and all the fingers and toes. She seems to look a lot like Bennett so far but I think they all kinda look the same at this point. It was the first ultrasound that I could feel her moving and then watch it happen in real time on the screen with a little 3D clay-mation looking baby...
Every time I see her in there I feel like this is all more real. We are almost halfway to meeting our daughter. I was officially already on bedrest with Bennett at this point and I couldn't be happier to have a healthy pregnancy and baby so far. I love her so much already!
So the ultrasound was moving the whole time and these are obviously stills that are not doing it justice... but still pretty fun. Here's her face... kinda blurry and squished in there but amazing when it was moving...
Her spine all curled up in there.
Feet crossed and up in the air... side view of her cute bottom.

No comments: