Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bed Rest

Thursday morning we took off to Overlake Hospital for our planned surgery with Dr. Wall. It was a very short and easy procedure that I was under anesthesia for about 15 minutes so they could, without going into too much detail, sew my cervix shut. The Dr. is hopeful that this will prevent any need for early bed rest this pregnancy... this is all good news and I was again informed that during the ultrasound while I was snoozing away in the Operating Room, my new child was amazingly adorable :)
So for this beautiful weekend I am inside with my feet up having memories of the endless afternoons on bed rest from 3 years ago. I wont lie, I was looking forward to the quiet afternoons, reading my kindle and watching daytime TV... this lasted about 3 hours and then the boredom and missing my toddler set in.
So this afternoon I am wasting the boredom away with my book, movies I have seen a million times replaying on TBS and dreaming of the little baby that will be happily arriving this next February!
Thankfully there is an end in sight... I will be visiting Dr. Wall this coming Thursday when he will hopefully release me from bed rest... wish us luck!

No comments: