Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dirty Dirty Dirty Dash 2012

I am the first to admit that our family does some pretty crazy things. We have about 4 times a year when we try to get everyone together for a crazy weekend of fun with the kids. We have going on 13 (Number 13 coming from the Petersens in January) babes under 5 years old and it always so much fun when we get together. There is always a ton of food, wine and laughs!
But even with all the craziness this was by far the craziest! 14 of our family members got together to makes 6 teams to do the Dirty Dash here near Olympia.
It sounded like fun, getting a babysitter for the littlest ones, getting in costume, drink beer and tequila early in the morning and run a 5k with 12 obsicles of mud on them. We all met at our house at 8 am for a day that I had no idea how hard and muddy it would be. It was a blast. Joel and I drank 2 or 3 beers each on the course. The next day I woke up with numerous bruises in places I didnt think was possible... but I will for sure be signing up for it again next year!
I must also admit that this is the first time we have had a babysitter for Annie, I was anxious about leaving her all week, not because I didnt trust Grandma Sandy but I was just worried I would miss her and not enjoy what we were doing, but after a night out on Friday night with the hubby I was totally ok with leaving her again for the morning of fun with the family. Thank you Sandy for helping us with the Kiddos, they also had a fabulous weekend with you! Bennett has not stopped talking about it.
Here are about a million pictures... Love this day! Our family is the coolest!

No comments: