Monday, August 20, 2012

Out with the old...

I can't believe how much this feels like the end of an era... We packed up Bennett's toddler bed tonight and all I could think about was the old days when we assembled this crib. It was a special time because my hopes were rising that we would have a healthy little boy after months on bedrest. It was the first time I felt hopeful during our pregnancy after the loss of his twin brother.
I was lying on the floor in Bennett's room watching Joel assemble the crib dreaming of many nights tucking our little boy into bed.
And after many many nights tucking him into that little oak crib we are now tucking him into a huge queen bed. It was a little special because Bennett was bouncing around like crazy jumping on any part of the mattress that was on the floor during the whole process... not to mention how many times he said "wow this is my big boy bed!!!"
He is in some dire need of some bedding but that is ok because I am ready to hit the fabric store this week!
One last picture of the old toddler bed...
 Loving the new bed... we had to have a long talk about the ceiling fan and jumping on the bed...
 Reading his favorite book before bed...

No comments: