Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Annie June meets her Aunt Bernice June

As I have said before, I felt so lucky when we found out we were having a girl and I knew in my heart what name I wanted her to carry from both sides. First of all Annie's Aunt Katie's middle name is June and her Great Aunt Pam (my aunt) is also June. But Joel's Aunt Bernice's middle name is June too. Joel and her share the same Birthday which is also in June... so it was a no brainer and a good sign that we had picked such a great name that would take after so many amazing gals in our lives.
We haven't been able to see Aunt Bernice as much as we would like this last year because she lives in Virginia but this last weekend Annie finally got to meet one of her namesakes!
I love that Annie has so many ladies she can look up to so much. Aunt Berns is amazingly strong, overcoming many obstacles with great resilience. She is a hoot, always makes ya laugh and I am sure she will never stop surprising us.
We love you Aunt Berns and I love that our daughter carries your name.


No comments: