Sunday, December 11, 2011

Polar Express 2011

Last year Bennett and I found the Tom Hank movie The Polar Express and Bennett fell in Love! But whats not to love for a little boy that in enchanted with trains (especially steam trains) and was just getting to know all about Santa?! We spent the last year (yes even during the Summer) watching  this movie and loving it more each time. So when my cousin Teri got to volunteer on the local steam train last year when it went up to the North Pole to meet Santa himself... we were so excited about going in 2011! So Teri got it all set up for us and boy did she do it. She got seats for all of our family members (somewhere around 40 people including 10 toddlers & Babies) and threw a big party before hand, something our family hadn't done in years.
It was a magical night with lots of family laughs, lots of "oohs" and "aahs" from the kids and many many smiling faces. Thank you Teri and our whole family! Bennett climbed into bed late last night talking of how he met Santa and I listened to him ringing his bell as I fell asleep myself.
All Aboard!
The Olsen Family...
Uncle Joel laughing with Miss Evie...
"Tickets Please" Bennett handing over his precious ticket to the conductor to get punched
Waving furiously out the window on Uncle Marty's lap as we arrived at the North Pole and they got their first glimpse of Santa.
So the pregnancy hormones might have gotten the best of me but I nearly cried as I watched my little boy's eyes light up with Santa... I could tell he was so excited but a tiny bit nervous, he was so brave and talked about it all night!
High Five Santa!
 On the way back B and Evie spent about 20 minutes cuddled up with Grandma with their foreheads against the cold glass and their cheeks touching checking out everything about the train
 Bennett was pretty excited about the conductor

Santa and his helper Elves... Thanks guys!

No comments: