Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finally December and 28 weeks!

I must say I have been counting the days until December 1st for a few reasons.
First of all, it marks the first of 25 days of two fun advent calendars at our house. I made both of these things last year and knew it would be something Bennett would remember. He LOVES the Serendipity Santa. It is a sewn Santa bag full of 25 treats so he can reach in after dad gets home from work and pick one treat from Santa! He clearly remembered it from last year and was delighted to get it started today.
Also in his little treat bag was one ornament for the advent tree I sewed last year. The 25 little felt ornaments (all different and still working on them :) go on one by one and Bennett picked the train out. He understood right away and ran over and placed it high on the tree. He obviously wanted to start it all over again immediately with picking another treat from Santa but hopefully we will get used to just picking one for the next 24 days.
I know how silly this all sounds to most people but it is truly a memory I had from my childhood and love that I can recreate that same memory with my kids. Who knows, maybe someday Bennett's grandchildren will wait patiently for another treat from Serendipity Santa.
Here are the stockings I have been working endless hours on... They are all appliqued and hand embroidered. They each have a different line from "Twas the Night Before Christmas" I love them! I know they are the stockings that will be riped down on Christmas morning full of treats from Santa for at least 20 Christmases to come! Thank you Aunt Pam and Grandma Ruth for helping me so much with these.
And yes, that is an ultrasound picture in the far right frame...
We have also been counting down until today because we had our 28 week appointment for our baby girl. I remember when I was pregnant with Bennett and we counted down the days until 28 weeks because the chance of survival with very little long term effects at this point is great. Although everything looks like we will be having a February baby, it is still a little sigh of relief for our little girl. She cooperated and finally gave me a good look at her sweet little cheeks and mouth. She is usually pretty stubborn about this and today was yawning and blinking and just cute as can be!

No comments: