Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our lil Chainsaw Massacre

This little boy has been a 1000% boy since he was born.  Growing up in a house full of girls I spent most of my childhood days playing house, cabbage patch dolls and the occasional tea party... So all these boy activities are very new to me. I wont lie, we do slightly encourage it by purchasing trucks, tractors and trains... but there is no way this boy would think about anything else even if we didn't fill his toy box with these manly toys.
He has lived and breathed tractors for a couple years and has lately loved chainsaws and blowers. So this year for his Birthday he asked for this chainsaw and Grandma Jones came through for him. This is coincidentally on the same week that we are getting some trees removed from our property that we felt were a bit dangerous with some of the wind of the winter.
Bennett has spent the majority of the past two days staring out the window with his goggles on, his chainsaw in one hand and the other hand waving wildly at our tree guy. Aaron, the "tree guy" has been great, he waves back, gives thumbs up and lets us know when they have turned the machines off and he can come out and check stuff out. He got all bundled up with his fire hat (which looks like the construction hats they are wearing), his goggles and his chain saw and ran out the door on the first day and I thought the three people removing trees were going to pee their pants they were laughing so hard. They all love it and I must say it has made my last few days quite easy.
 The goggles make me laugh... so does his cheesy smile :)
 At nap time there was no removing the chainsaw from his grip so I gave in and let him sleep with it. I check on him after a bit and this is what I saw... yep, that is my son sleeping with his arms above his head and his chainsaw across his chest... man do I love this boy!
When we went to preschool this morning we were outside and I told him to put away his chainsaw. He ran full speed into the garage back to where we keep all the tools so I followed him because I don't like him back there and this is what I found. He said "Bennett's chainsaw next to daddy's!"

No comments: