Tuesday, May 10, 2011

School Pictures...

Most of you know that putting my kid into an adorable outfit and keeping him in it isn't really one of my strong suits. It has never bothered me to take perfect pictures of my child in unmatching, out of season and even sometimes clothes with dirt on them. But with a two year old I would like to think I am not alone in this battle.
But then school pictures roll around and for some reason I feel this urge to make sure my kids outfit at least matches for the one day that will be captured at school for all time. So this morning after a lot of coxing I got Bennett into one of the few button ups we own, I soon realized it was enormous on him but it had been such a battle to get it on that I went with it. I said "buddy, you look soooo handsome, go look in the mirror" and as he was gazing in complete admiration of himself he said "mama, this Papa shirt"... and I had to laugh, yes that looks like a shirt both of your grandpas would wear.
Once I agreed he was so proud of his "Papa shirt" that he ran out the door happily... I went with it and chased him out and got a couple cute pics before running him to school.
I attempted this same clothing battle last year about this time for the school pictures and boy my baby has grown up!
One year ago... still just as handsome!

No comments: