Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gone Fishing

Since Joel was in college he has celebrated opening weekend for fishing by packing up some tents, some crazy boys and a tiny bit of beer and headed to Jameson Lake in Eastern Washington. This has never been an event I felt I was missing out on and I had always considered this one of Joel's "guys weekends". You can imagine my lack of enthusiasm when he asked me "wanna go to fishing weekend with me?"
Anyway it turns out all those crazy college boys have grown up and wanted to make it a family weekend and boy am I glad they did. It was a great group and even some well needed great weather. The kids in the group were awesome... and it truly warmed my heart every time Bennett took off to play with the pack of children in the dirt. His little personality is hilarious, he is so social now and clearly made many little toddler friends.
It amazes me how easy children become friends. They will run up to one another and just simply say "wanna play?!" and off they go, fast friends... it was the first time that he wanted to play with kids and not me.
 I must admit I was secretly most excited about capturing some great moments of my little guy fishing for the first time. He (Joel and I) caught 2 fish and the second one was his favorite. We let him "hold" it (or just squeeze it really hard) he was giggling like crazy the whole time. Surprisingly when we put it back in the water it swam away.
It was a great weekend and it made us all very excited about camping all summer!

No comments: