Sunday, May 8, 2011

March for Babies 2011

What a day! It is now Mothers Day morning and all I want to do is snuggle up in my PJ's and go through my pictures from a wonderful day yesterday. As I am flipping through pictures of kiddos in strollers and people walking in the sunshine it is hard not to get emotional over all the wonderful friends and family we have that came out to support us and this great cause. I had been so worried about the details and donations that I didn't realize how great it would feel to see all those T-shirts worn by everyone we love.
I had assumed it would rain and didn't think much of it (we have to be used to it at this point) but when it didn't rain I couldn't have been happier. It was a beautiful walk around capital Lake and truly a fun day. Team Bennett was a bit slow and definitely pulled up the rear and so by the time we got back all the hot dogs were gone... thankfully I had over bought some BBQ materials (and cocktails :) and Team Bennett headed back to our house to celebrate a wonderful morning.
My sweet Aunt Pam and cousins Emily and Paige couldn't make it over from the Tri-cities, but being the supportive ladies that they are they wore their Team Bennett T-shirts and headed to the March for Babies in the Tri-cities. One of the most famous March for Babies team is Kate's Team out of the Tri-cities. I had heard they have amazing donations and walkers every year... but it didn't occur to me until yesterday after talking to my Aunt that those walkers were walking in her Memory... It made me remember how darn lucky we are that our little guy survived and we are able to celebrate and walk in his Honor. He truly has been through a battle and I was sooo proud of him yesterday and all his two year old craziness!
The March of Dimes has made some amazing strides to prevent premature birth and birth defects... I know all the generous donations are helping us towards every baby being born healthy.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!
And the Tri-Cities Team Bennett!

No comments: