Monday, September 6, 2010

Talking on Labor Day

What a weekend! We had such a great time and I must say I was smiling the whole time due to Bennett's new words. As mostly everyone knows, he is a tiny bit behind on speaking which it is completely understandable with all he has been through, so this mama has been super patient (well maybe a tiny bit patient :) all the waiting has totally paid off this week with all of Bennett's new words. We all laugh that as soon as he puts on those talking lips (looks a little like a fish face) you know he is going to say something good... some of his favorite words so far are "juice, mama, dada, tractor, doggie, ga-ma, ga-pa, mower and berry..." all of these words are words that he doesnt know in sign language already which he is refusing the switchover. We are in a half verbal half sign kinda language... but this mama couldn't be more proud!
We started off the weekend at Uncle Marty's football game on Friday night with the Aunties, Uncles and Cousins! What a fun night and a big win for the Bearcats!! These nights with my Sisters are amazing... I love seeing them being moms and love the new big family we now have together. I don't really know what we would all do without them!
Then we headed down to Tokeland, where Bennett's only Great Grandparent lives, Grandma Laurie!
We camped for 2 nights and enjoyed family. This kid couldn't have been happier on that beach. He ran, dug, chased, splashed... and most of the time he had an enormous grin on his face. I must say I enjoyed this time with my two guys and my camera... I narrowed it down to just a few pictures on the blog but will be filling our family book with many great beach moments.
Running to Ga-Pa...
Our feet and our little guy...
Grandma Ruth and Aunt T!
Great Grandma Laurie and Grandma Ruth...
Me, Mom and B...
Love this family pic... Good thing I adore that man...
So serious about his sand building... it was hard to get him to even look up, let alone smile... maybe he will be a builder some day...

No comments: