Wednesday, September 1, 2010

McGyver Mommy...

Some may know me to be a bit crafty... but I must say, this time I have out done myself...
Bennett, being the busy little bee that he is, goes through a lot of shoes. The most unfortunate part of this is that he has extremely large flat Flinstone feet (thank you Joel) and there are only a few wide sized shoes out there. For the other mommies of mammoth toddler feet check out Stride Rite... We love them.
We have also had luck with Converse. Bennett actually prefers the Converse for one special characteristic... they untie! Re-tying Bennett's shoes countless times a day is not one of my favorite activities.
So this morning I woke with a vision... Convert the Converse to slip ons! I went to the fabric store to pick up a yard of white elastic and dug through my sewing stuff for 4 small safety pins and... tada!
They sure look comfy...  I am a little tempted to convert my Converse too :)

No comments: