Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh Yes We Can!

Bennett and I have conquered some incredible goals this week.
Since the day that my little boy went mute with his tracheostomy being placed at 3 months old,
I just tried to think that someday I would hear my little guy look at me and say "Mama". Bennett has been doing so great with his speach lately, I have been glowing with pride. He will say nearly anything on command but I noticed that although I know he knows the words he doesnt use them unsolicited. I have known that he knew I was "mama" and he would say it if I asked him to but this morning he made his mommy the happiest on the planet!
I was in our room and I heard Bennett knocking on the door and I knew he was looking for me but for the first time ever he said "Mama! Mama!" and my heart has been happy all day! I am sure that I will remember this day as the day I was happy my little guy yelled "mama, mama" and I will forever be annoyed with the constant "mama!, mama!, mama!" but today I am delighted!
Today I also took on a battle I had been putting off for atleast a year... I sat in my living room praying to the post-it gods waiting for the organization to flood our living room as I emptied all our miscellaneous stuff in a big pile... and here is where it left me...
But before you call the Disovery Channel to put me on Hoarders.... you must see how it all turned out!
36 clear plastic bins and countless cute pink and green labels later I feel like that guy on Oprah that does the self help organization shows would definately approve! My craft closet and Bennett's baby stuff are both organized and Bennett had fun "helping" me and playing in all the bins and piles. After all the bins were moved out to the garage/storage... everything was back to normal.
Bennett also spent some time with his Grandma Ruth for her birthday this weekend... Some fun moments with the Boys... (the only few minutes I had the camera Evie was eating)

No comments: