Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Trot and Thanksgiving 2012

What a great and busy Thanksgiving weekend!
We started it all off by packing up the kiddos and heading down to Capital Lake for our First Annual Turkey Trot. It was a 4 mile run we did with the girls (Teri, Pam and I) but mostly I was excited for the .5 mile Tot Trot. We had been talking about this a lot at home and Bennett couldn't wait for that promised medal at the finish line. Lily and Lexy pulled quickly in the lead with the older kids as some of the actual toddlers slowed to stops numerous times to take in all the action. Bennett got really excited as we turned that corner and saw the finish line. He kept yelling "look at me! I am fast like Diego!" and when we crossed the finish line he very happily yelled "I DID IT!" Too cute!
We jumped right in to more thanksgiving fun with the Olsen Family arriving at our house for my First real mommy prepared Thanksgiving dinner. It turned out great. The food was great, the family was wonderful and as I settled in with a glass of red wine at the end of the night I was so happy (and a lot relieved/relaxed) that it turned out so great. I felt a little excitement about the years to come and teaching Bennett and Annie how to make a turkey dinner with their future families. I guess these holidays make me sappy :)
Off we went down Friday morning to Grandma and Grandpa Jones for a weekend of fun. We had turkey dinner numero dos (which was equally amazing) and relaxed and played with all the kiddos. It makes me laugh that before we know it we will be looking back at that crazy decade where our kids ran around like crazy, out numbering and out witting us adults. Someday we will laugh but for now it takes lots of energy, lots of patience and a little red wine to get through another busy holiday weekend!
Us ladies even snuck away for some mani pedis to celebrate the newest little person to be in our family. We can not wait to meet you little Mr Petersen, You will be here before we know it!
 The Trotters!
 Our Tot Trotters!
 Kids table
Our Handsom Wine Server!
 Olsen... whoops maybe I need to be more careful about my camera setting next time, kinda blurry :) I blame the champagne!
 Jones
 Movie Night... watching Brave
 That Petersen baby loving some grandma time!

No comments: