Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Little Thanksgiving Prep

Five years ago Joel and I had been married for a year and we were happily settling into our new home. We invited BOTH our families to spend thanksgiving with us. We ended up having a beautiful day with 24 place settings, 2 turkeys and a lot of family memories before all the kids came around on my side. Since then we have taken a backseat to all Thanksgiving fun. This year we jumped in and I decided I wanted to cook it all by myself. You see, I took clear advantage of the 2 moms and grandmas here 5 years ago and althought I bough everything and had it all here ready to be cooked, I dont remember actually cooking anything. So this year I prepared. I googled, all recipied and food networked everything turkey dinner. I took notes, planned and shopped accordningly.
Although I have been to some amazing thanksgiving dinners I must admit that mine was pretty tasty... forsure feeling like twenty years from now when my kids or kid-in-laws want some thanksgiving help I will be a pro!
 The kiddos playing together with the napkin rings... hours of fun!
 This little ladies eyes melt my heart... even when I am up to my elbows in turkey broth and peeled potatoes


No comments: