Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Matinee for Three

As our time as a family of only 3 is quickly coming to an end I was hoping to use this rainy Saturday to spend together enjoying our first little bundle of joy!
I must admit the day was pretty lazy but around noon we headed over the the theatre and Bennett was beaming and yelling "we are going to the BIG MOVIE!" he was sooo excited. He even ran to the pantry and tried to take the jar of popcorn kernels with us.
He was delighted as we bought the tickets for Beauty and the Beast 3D or "Beast" as Bennett calls it, got our 3D glasses and headed for the popcorn stand. We got there a bit early and Bennett loved the previews in 3D. A little after the movie started he got pretty unamused with the 3D glasses that had a thick layer of popcorn butter smeared all over them. I am sure the next 30 minutes of movie was pretty blurry for him and he started getting antsy. We decided to take a break that quickly turned into a run for the arcade and we gave up.
Thankfully we were right under the mark for a refund so there was no harm done. Bennett had a great time but I think we will be waiting a bit before trying again.
I can not believe that any day now our little family of three is going to be a family of four!!! It is days like today that I look at him in awe with how big of a boy he is and how fast this time with only him has gone. Before we know it we will be taking our little lady to the movies for the first time!
 I am so antsy for her to get here and I must sadly have googled "how to induce labor" more times than I would like to admit... no such luck yet!

No comments: