Saturday, January 1, 2011

... And A Happy New Year!!

This is the first year in a long time that as we counted down the last moments of the year I wasn't looking forward to a fresh start. So this year I am making no resolutions and I am officially continuing 2010, ok so I guess we can call it 2011 to spare confusion, but no fresh starts here... I just want to start this year from right where we are and keep it going as great as it has been. 2010 was wonderful! Our little boy learned to walk, we spent very little time in a hospital, we started many play groups and school, B spoke his first of many many words, we spent countless nights enjoying the summer camping, I got crafty and went crazy sewing, we got involved with the March of Dimes, went to Disney, started the process of Foster Care and Adoption, I got my camera and took a billion pictures, and now Bennett even sleeps in a big boy bed. I must say this has been one of my happiest and proudest years yet.
Even though we are ignoring the popular resolutions and fresh start attitudes of the evening, we still took it as a great excuse to head to Grandma & Grandpa Jones' to ring in the new year. Bennett jumped right into the party and had a few too many snacks and water and ended up getting sick down moms shirt right as most of the other guests were arriving... this prompted a quick bath for me and Bennett, a new outfit and an early bed time for the kiddo.
It was a great night and now today we have been relaxing at home, packing up our Christmas decorations and pretending it is still 2010 :)
 Grandma snuggling the Marquez Boys
 Oh Reece, seriously, could you be any cuter?!
 Bennett checking out his cousin Cash
 Cousin Cash rocking in the New Year
 Our kids playing in the new year
Our beautiful dogter Hurlie
 Even when it's freezing out he can't get enough of playing with his dog outside...


No comments: