Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What a week...

I was pretty sure it was impossible to worry about Bennett more than I already have. I thought that I had nearly hit the lifetime maximum amount of worry a little boy could cause his mommy. I was wrong but instead of some tragic post from the ER... this is just an embarrassed Mommy after her first call to Poison Control.
A couple weeks ago we cleaned out our laundry room cabinets because Bennett had been getting into a bit more than I would like, we put all of the cleaning products in our entire house in a single overhead cabinet... but to my surprise when I was cooking dinner last night he was right behind me and somehow quietly got ahold of the laundry soap cup that I had just emptied into the wash machine... Bennett took this opportunity to take a big gulp of the residual liquid soap (that in his defence smelled like wonderful candied flowers)... After some tears on both our parts and my frantic call to poison control where Phil informed me that it is fairly harmless, I sat back and thought "how the heck did I let that happen?!"
This laundry soap incident is right on the heels of a bee sting incident last week that led me to tears in the Albertsons pharmacy trying to purchase Children's Benydryl with a crying toddler with a swollen face.
For some reason I thought, "if I can handle 4 surgeries in the first year I can handle a little bee sting..." I am learning that Moms always worry...
Bennett and I took a well needed full day out with our buddies Jania and Charli today.
We went to this great park in Bellevue that had a small farm... So fun. I really think that if we make them hang out enough, they will fall in love and get married someday, right?!

No comments: