Sunday, April 25, 2010

Proud Happy Mama

There is nothing better than experiencing your child's successes and celebrating them with a weekend of family, camping and wine tasting!
This past Friday Bennett's pre-school teacher came out to fill out his annual paperwork for his school program. Part of this annual check in is a cognitive standardized test. I had a lot of anxiety around the test because Bennett was battling a cold this last week and in an awful mood. As his wonderful teacher started in I was silently willing him to place the pegs in the holes and place the circle correctly in the puzzle... every task he took on like a champ and I wont lie, surprized his mommy a bit. The test determined that he is one smart 16 month old, scoring right on track and I was absolutely delighted. I am so proud of how far he has come.

He still has a little trouble communicating but has been using signlanguage and I am sure once he starts talking we wont be able to get him to stop. He signs the word "more" which to him means "I want that" or "I am really liking this" It is still really cute when he uses it frantically when he wants something. I am pretty convinced he says "doggie" and "dada". Leave it to Bennett to say "doggie" before "mama"...

So, with this good news keeping me beaming all day we set off to Astoria Oregon to the seafood & wine festival. We camped at Fort Stevens State Park with a ton of family. Bennett proudly boarded his first school bus to take from the park out to the festival where he charmed many people with his big smile and cute monkey backpack/leash :)

His Aunt Teri making him laugh... surprise, surprise...
Great family and wonderful wine... one of my favorite combos!
We had lots of outside time. He loves camping, we can not wait to spend the whole summer enjoying every second! He loves walks and meeting everyone... here he was chasing Grandma & Grandpa
He loves his bubble mower... he drove it back and forth over and over. I think his dad has him in training.
We love you buddy! We are so proud of how far you have come. If I could have glimpsed into the future a year ago I would have never dreamed this is where we would be, playing, camping, learning and loving every second.

No comments: