Thursday, April 22, 2010

A new parenting low

When dreaming of becoming a parent there were two things I swore I would never do, the first being driving a minivan and the second... putting a leash on my child.
Bennett has started to hate any long periods of time in the stroller. He is so funny and social when he is toddling around that we usually just let him walk with us. We are heading to a seafood wine festival in Astoria Oregon this weekend and I just dont trust him in a big crowd. So I have broken a personal vow and lord give me strength to never buy a minivan!

Today when I set out to make the dreaded purchase I made a promise to myself that under no circumstances would I let anyone obtain photographic evidence of me using the cute little monkey backpack/leash... but I put it on him when we got home and I just could not help myself.

He cried when I took it off.... and sadly there was a little part of me that had a quick vision of him wearing a back pack walking down the driveway to school one day... I know its a stretch and I am just trying to put a positive spin the leash but still .... adorable!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Julie, that is hilarious!! Let me know how it works out!