Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good Bye Lake Chelan... Till next year...

Our trip has finally and sadly came to an end... after 22 nights away from home we have been reminded of our comfortable home, a warm shower, countless hours recorded on my Tivo and about 8 loads of laundry.
As I was packing the night before we left I was thinking about how much Bennett can change in such a short period of time. He seems to learn new things so fast now and I thought "Bennett is going to change even in just these three weeks" and strangly I feel I was right on track. While we were gone he learned about 10 new sign language words. He nearly communicates fully using a few verbal words and all the fun signs. He was a little boy full of giggles and since he feels he can communicate more easily he rarely whined the entire trip. He is growing up so fast and I am shocked with how fast three weeks can go by...
Once a week the ranger station puts on a little learning time and cartoon up at the ranger station. It may be the earliest memory I have at Lake Chelan... My mom would make this huge bowl of old fashion popcorn and we would get in our pajamas and lug a ton of blankets up to the ranger station well past our bed time to enjoy a fun cartoon. On our second to last night I was delighted to share this memory with Bennett. The same ranger, Dwight, is still doing the same presentation, and he actually remembers us each year. Bennett was forsure the most entertaining child with shrills of excitement and dancing to the presentation music... Although there is little chance he will remember this year... I know his mommy sure will...

No comments: