Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A friend's tradition continued...

Every year since I was Bennett's age I have gone to Lake Chelan State Park for 10 days each summer. We have pictures of me at 3 being bathed in a garbage can (clean I am assuming) and swimming in the swimming area with childhood friends in my arm floaties... it is definitely the most important childhood memory of all of our childhoods.

When I was old enough to meet friends at school and have sleep overs my parents let me invite a friend to Chelan. I am not sure what year it was but my very first friend I invited was Jania. She has been my best friend since. At Chelan every summer we ate ice cream, went on the boat and met boys in our teen age years.
Since then we have both grown up, gone to college, met some grown up boys, got married (at nearly the same time) and had babies... and these babies may be the best part of our friendship.

(the kiddos taking a red wagon bath)
This week we continued our summer tradition with a trip to Eastern Washington... Jania and Charli met us at the beginning of the trip in Orondo for a couple days and it was such a great way to get the camping started. Our babies are to the day 6 months apart.... Charli is a delight, She smiles and laughs with Bennett with such joy... we love her so much.
Jania and I were both terrified of how the kids would sleep in a small trailer with two cribs and a queen size bed... and to our amazement they did great. I actually think that Bennett slept better when she was here! I cant wait for so many more summers to come!!
(the kids enjoying more red wagon time)
(the kids posing in their chairs)

No comments: