Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Day

It has finally come... our first snow day of the season. I woke Bennett up this morning just so that I could be there when he opened his eyes and they peered out his window into a winter wonderland. It was totally worth it when his bright eyes shot open and he yelled " Look Mom! It is Christmas MAGIC!" it was darling.
After a morning at Bennett's last day of school before break where he got to wear his pajamas to school (very exciting in a preschooler mind), we played in the snow and made cookies.
After making Grandma's famous ginger cookies we packed up and went into Daddy's work to spread the Christmas Magic Cheer. When I was dressing his little sister Bennett used a few minutes when mom was distracted to "draw a mustache just like daddy's" on his face with a non-washable marker. Awesome... so I packed him up anyway and I think it added to his cuteness as he went around to every office at Dads work in his pirate pajamas, rubber boots and drawn on beard yelling "want some cookies? I made them, they are ginger snaps! Merry Christmas!"
There is only so many occasions you can wear a magic marker beard and I must say Bennett rocked it today :)
Sadly we had to scrub it off later in bath time. I love that they can bathe together now, Bennett on the other hand is not so much a fan of his sister messing up his tractor and painting fun and I am sure he will dislike these pictures years from now even more ;)
 Both kids totally entertained...
 such a helper...
 This is the condition of our master bath jet tub... gotta love these little ones...
 Bennett helping me rinse... Dont worry she really liked it :)

No comments: