Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Big boy B

It seems like every night Bennett climbs up into his bed carrying his bear and blanket in his footy pajamas and seems like this fragile young little toddler, then 10 to 12 hours later I hear "Mama!" screaming out of the monitor by my bed and out of his room barrels this grown up boy asking for breakfast.
Maybe its just the new haircut but this week I feel like he is this grown up little man. He tells me what he wants, needs and what was fun that day. He listens (well as best we could expect at this point) to nearly anything. He even told me this morning that our dog needed to go potty and let her out.... I just stared at him like "when did this little man move into my house?!"
This week was like so many others, filled with play dates and fun stuff for Bennett. This weekend we had Lily and Chloe over and since then he has asked for them to come over at least 10 times a day. It was a fun day of playing outside, and decorating cookies.
Then this Monday Bennett and I went to meet up with our friend Torin and his family at Millersylvania State Park. I had never been there and it was such a pretty park and a fun day with friends. Bennett especially loved roasting his very first hot dog... he ate two! Bennett loves playing with Torin and I can tell they will be friends for a long time.

No comments: