Tuesday, July 12, 2011

33 weeks counting down to Olsen Baby numero Dos!

So I am right in the middle of my "relaxing" vacation... where I would peel myself out of the cramped bed I was sharing with my two year old after 10 hours of not so restful sleep, I was waking up nearly everyday so nauseous I prayed I would avoid puking in our RV bathroom or the public bathroom up the street... both fairly unappealing.
After that I spent most of the days just lounging around and sleeping during every chance I could get and eating my days away... hoping I would keep it down.
This all sounds like complaining (which I wish I could say I didn't do on my 3 week long vacation) but I truly was still in amazement that all these symptoms where from a pregnancy! I am still in crazy shock of our little miracle on the way.
But in true Julie fashion, I woke up in the last week of vacation and started worrying. I called my Dr. and he said that I could go to a hospital near camp and get an ultrasound to make me feel better.... and boy did it!
I first laid eyes on that beautiful beating heart and all the days of nausea and utter exhaustion of vacation and  seemed like such a small price for our little miracle growing! His (we are going to use "his" because we already have a boy and it just seems right until proven otherwise) heart beat was perfect at 143 and our official due date is February 27, 2012.
This happy joy was a perfect feeling to take back to camp and enjoy the rest of our trip!

No comments: