Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Dada!

It is Joel's Birthday weekend and Bennett and I got him two sunshine filled days! It all started with a perfect day yesterday with out little family of three lounging in the sunny back yard and  an evening trip to the red robin patio (which Bennett now calls the "french fry store")
This morning I took advantage of Joel and Bennett playing happily in the front yard and went on a long run down to capital lake in the sunshine... beautiful... but what was more amazing in my eyes was to arrive home to see my two sweethearts washing my car... and my youngest sweetheart covered in suds chasing the dog that was also covered in suds!
After helping the boys get cleaned up and the youngest into a nap I ran to the store, I slowed to a screeching halt when I surprisingly spotted pony rides in the parking lot nearby. I did a quick drive by and turns out it was a pony ride for $5! I got Bennett up from his nap by saying "hey buddy, want to go ride the horses?!" and he giggled and said "OK!!!" he happily got dressed and off we went...
Bennett paying the cowboy for his pony ride...
His pony was named "cowboy" and Bennett talked about cowboy all day!
After the ponies we headed up to Issaquah to celebrate Dads birthday with Grandma & Grandpa Olsen and the whole family. I was great to relax, visit with family and let the three little boys run like crazy around their back yard. Grandpa has his "cowboy town" outback that he built himself and boy does Bennett love it! Bennett didn't want anything to do with us, all he kept saying was "Hunter, Alonzo" and running like crazy. I watched them play make believe and chase for hours. Every time he is around little kids I get more and more surprised about how social he is. I know between Joel and I, we can't really be too shocked that our kid is outgoing, but he is so genuinely excited about interacting with them and I guess I am just surprised how fast he is growing up!
 Bennett brought his cute little bike and was so proud as he ran around on it... a great day outside with the fam!
Bennett was wearing his bike helmet nearly all day... here Hunter is helping him put it on... such a great big cousin!
Grandpa happily sat with the little boys at the kid's table... Bennett loved it!

No comments: